Creamy Vegetable Quinoa
This is a recipe that was inspired by a dish we had here in Riviera Maya! It was so good that we went back to the same restaurant the next night just to eat it again (seriously)! I don't normally cook with cream, but every once in a while it's such a yummy treat. I hope you enjoy!
- 6 oz. baby bella mushrooms, cut into large pieces
- 1 TBSP roasted garlic, chopped
- 4 TBSP salted butter
- ½ TSP sea salt
- 1/4 TSP ground pepper
- 1/4 TSP dried thyme
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, organic
- 2 cups white quinoa, cooked
- 2 TBSP fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of choice (this recipe used tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes)
Melt butter in 3 quart pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms to pot and cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme, and cook additional 2 minutes, stirring throughout. Reduce heat to medium low, add cream, quinoa, parmesan, and chopped vegetables. Heat and stir until cheese is melted and veggies are soft. Serve immediately.