Citrus Chicken Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves roasted garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large oranges peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro packed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice2
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl and let cool. Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and roasted garlic, stirring it all around to coat with oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Stir and cook until chicken is done, about 8 minutes. Add cooked chicken, oranges, and avocado to the quinoa. Stir to combine. Set aside.
For the dressing: whisk all of the dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss to coat everything evenly. Serve immediately. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.