This week’s recipe is for Bone Broth, which is one of the most nutritious, incredible things you could ever drink for your body! Sometimes people are turned off from it based solely on the name, but I promise it’s not as scary as it sounds! Bone broth is a stock made from the bones of an animal – you can use chicken, turkey, or beef bones – that packs a serious amount of nutrients that help your body in more ways than one! Check out some of its benefits:
- Keep your bones strong! Bone broth packs in collagen, which is vital to your body’s bone strength & structure.
- Say goodbye to wrinkles! That collagen also does wonders for wrinkles.
- Balance your gut flora and reduce inflammation.
- Help rebuild the minerals to keep your teeth strong!
- Helps fight colds & boosts your immune system!
Try this Delicious Bone Broth Recipe!
- 2 lbs. of bones from a healthy source grass fed or free range
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 TBSP sea salt
- 1 TSP peppercorns
- Additional herbs or spices to taste
Using a large 5 gallon pot, add bones to the pot & pour filtered water until bones are covered and pot is full. Add vinegar. Add all vegetables except parsley. Add salt, pepper, and any spices or herbs you may be using. Bring broth to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, and allow to simmer on low with a lid until done. Add parsley in the last 30 minutes.
Heads Up: This takes a LONG time! For beef bones, the simmering process can take about 48 hours. For fish bones, simmer about 8 hours. Chicken & turkey bones need approximately 24 hours. If a small foam forms on the top of the broth, use a spoon to remove the foam. Strain the broth when done simmering, and store in the refrigerator.